Federal Requirements

With the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Americans are now required by law to provide the employment, services and accessibility to the handicapped. The better informed you are of the laws, the easier you can spot the violations around you. If you notice any establishments not providing handicapped equipment to the disabled, file a complaint.

How to File Complaints

Violations of employment by units of State and local government or by private employers should be filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

800 – 669 – 4000 (voice)
800 – 669 – 6820 (TTY)

Not only will you improve your own quality of life, but other fellow handicapped people can enjoy the public and private spaces. Everyone deserves easy access to public and private spaces. Much of the requirements can be found here,

ADA Standards for Accessible Design
Americans with Disabilities Act Website

This resource is for the questions you might have about how the Disabilities Act applies to you. You can also use this resource to file any complaints.

Contact information
ADA Information Line

800-514-0301 (Voice)
800-514-0383 (TTY)

Mon-Wed, Fri 10:30 am to 4:30 pm (ET)
Thurs 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm (ET)